McAuley Ministries assists nonprofit organizations serving the Hill District, Uptown, and West Oakland to enhance their ability to fulfill their missions by strengthening nonprofit governance and leadership; strategic and business planning; program development; technology and information systems; management systems and practices; and financial resources. McAuley Ministries will also serve as a convener to encourage collaboration and strategic alliances for greater collective impact. Priority will be given to:
- Leadership development and growing the next generation of leaders.
- Strategic planning and program-specific planning to accelerate innovation.
- General operating support for mission-critical organizations that demonstrate the capacity to produce outcomes for residents and the community.
- Convenings that encourage strategic alliances and enhance collective impact; support for planning and operationalizing alliances.
- Limited capital funding for facilities and technology linked to programming and operational improvements that are consistent with our grantmaking priorities.
Stories of Hope
Program to Aid Citizen Enterprise (PACE)
The executive director of a new nonprofit was introduced to PACE in August of 2018 through a referral from a PACE program participant. At that time, we were finishing up the third cohort of the Coaching Program but told him to wait patiently for the Fall because we were hopeful of launching the fourth cohort at that point. Once we launched the fourth cohort, G. was diligent, punctual, and communicative during the application process. So much so that he was one of the first individuals accepted into the program.
Of his experience, G. says:
“I feel so fortunate to have been chosen for this cohort of the PACE Executive Coaching. As a new non-profit executive, I knew there was a lot I didn’t know about how to run an organization. This experience and my coach specifically helped me to explore areas where I needed to grow with honesty and openness. My coach provided a non-biased critique of my tactics and strategies and gave real-time advice on how to approach some of my most difficult situations. I have grown tremendously as a result of my participation and have learned lessons that I will carry with me for the rest of my life.”